If you’re looking for a guide on how to play pokies like a pro, then you are at the right place. Pokies also referred to as slots, one arm bandits or fruit machines are exciting casino games that you can play online. Pokies on the internet are played by thousands if not millions of punters as they offer NZ players with an epic gambling experience. The slot machine is also very easy to learn. It is played via inserting a coin, then interacting with the game through a couple of buttons displayed on the screen.
In this guide, our online pokies experts have detailed an easy step-by-step guide on how to play pokies online. Here you will also be provided with a list of the best online pokies sites in NZ to play and tips on how to win pokies every time. Start learning how to play online pokies successfully with our guide below!
WHERE TO PLAY THE BEST POKIES
Best NZ Online Casino #1
Leo Vegas Casino Review
Best NZ Online Casino #2
Jelly Bean Casino Review
Best NZ Online Casino #3
Jackpot City Casino Review
Best NZ Online Casino #4
Royal Vegas Casino Review
Best NZ Online Casino #5
All Slots Casino Review
Best NZ Online Casino #6
River Belle Casino Review
Best NZ Online Casino #7
Mummy's Gold Casino Review
HOW TO PLAY POKIES LIKE A PRO
Pokies are one of the most popular games online. This is because of their nature of entertainment and their ability to boost one’s bankroll when it comes to web-based gambling. Many pubs and clubs in New Zealand and Australia also feature slot machines. It is also no secret that pokies games are highly addictive, both at land-based casinos and online, hence it’s important to gamble responsibly.
Even if you’re new to pokies, the games are quick and easy to get a hang of. They also feature different themes from top-notch providers, so there is something for everyone. Below is just a quick step-by-step guide on how to play online pokies.
1. CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE POKIE GAME
The best pokies sites in New Zealand will have a wide selection of pokies games. The gaming library will depend on what software is used by the casino that you choose. Some casinos are powered by one gaming provider, whereas some have more than one software provider.
So, to get started you will need to browse through your favorite casino’s lobby and choose the slot game you would like to play. We strongly recommend that you try these for free before you can commit and play for real money. Also, you can browse through our pokie reviews to learn about the gaming features on your favorite slot before you start playing.
2. SELECT COINS AND BET SIZE
After choosing your favorite real money pokies game, you will then select the number of coins you wish to wager. The minimum coin size can be from as little as NZ$0.01 to NZ$1.00 or more. The coins size and bet amount essentially determine how much you’re betting per spin.
3. CHOOSE THE NUMBER OF PAYLINES & ACTIVATE
If the pokies game that you choose to play features paylines, you will also need to select the number of paylines that you wish to wager on. Paylines determine how many credits you are betting per spin.
4. SPIN THE REELS
The most exciting part of the game. Now that you have made all your selections, you can simply start spinning the reels. You can do this by clicking on the “Spin” button usually displayed at the bottom of the screen with big or more visible characters. Other buttons to get the reels in motion only appear during bonus rounds. So, instead of “Spin” you might find the “Gamble” or “Start Feature” buttons.
5. WITHDRAW YOUR WINNINGS
If you are satisfied with the amount that you’ve won at whatever round you’re in, you can simply withdraw your winnings. Just note that if you’re playing using a bonus that has a wagering requirement, you will need to spin the required number of times before you can make your withdrawal. This is also good because by then you might have made a quite a good fortune. We’re not saying you can’t make one on your first spin though!
HOW TO WIN ON POKIES EVERY TIME
There really is no secret tricks that will give you a better chance at winning pokies. However, landing certain symbols and triggering certain features may really boost your payroll, even if you’re not playing progressive jackpot slots. We discuss these features below:
- Wild Symbols – wild symbols substitute all other symbols on reels excluding the scatter. This improves your chances of landing a winning combination.
- Scatter Symbols – another exciting symbol to have on the reels. The scatter pays out for two or more symbols. In addition to that, having three or more of them can trigger a unique bonus feature or real cash bonus prizes.
- Multipliers – these essentially multiply your winnings by a given amount. It could be 2x, 3x, 50x or even more.
- Click Me Bonus – often triggered by landing three bonus symbols. Usually, you will be redirected to another screen where you get to click on any icon to reveal an amazing cash prize.
- Bonus Rounds – the best pokie casino sites often have free spins rewards for slots. These can either come as a deposit bonus, match bonus special or an activated free spins feature round.
POKIES RTP EXPLAINED
A Return to Player Percentage, RTP for short, is a percentage that tells you how much you will receive over a period of time for the whole amount of money that you have wagered on a pokie game. Each and every pokie game obviously will have its own RTP, the same way that is established for symbols situated on the reels. In our pokies review guides, we do include such information, including; the number of reels, paylines, bonus features and more that the pokie game features.
So, just a quick example, if a pokie has an RTP of 98%, this implies that for every NZ$100 play in NZ$1 wagers, you can expect a potential return of 98%. In this case, the house will be keeping an average of 2%.
QUICK POKIE MACHINE TIPS
Pokies are fast-paced games that can be very addictive, as already mentioned. So, you need to be cautious about how you go about playing these games. These are just some things that pokies games feature that you need to be wary of.
- Auto-Play – This is a button that you will find on the modern pokie. By clicking it, the machine will automatically spin the reels for you. This is a good button if moderated. If not, you might just end up losing it all. This option will use the same bet amount you’ve set until you run out of credits. The best way to use this button is to set the number of spins or how much money you wish to spend.
- Bet Max – this is another button to look out for. It automatically places the maximum bet that your chosen pokie allows. This means it will activate every payline on the pokie game and place the maximum amount for each.
More Pokies Guides: