American roulette is one of the exciting table games you can play. The casino game doesn’t draw in many players because it has a higher house edge than the two variants. However, this doesn’t mean the game is not worth trying.
You’ll get more details about the table layout, bets, payouts, and strategies. Once you know the rules you can start playing real money roulette online at top-quality online casino sites.
Best Roulette Casinos 2020
|PLAYLeo Vegas Casino Review|
|PLAY Europa Casino Review|
|PLAY Luckland Casino Review|
|PLAYCasino Tropez Review|
|PLAY Jackpot City Casino Review|
|PLAYTwin Casino Review|
|PLAY Gate 777 casino Review|
|PLAY Mr Play Casino Review|
|PLAYRoyal Vegas Casino Review|
|PLAY All Slots Casino Review|
|PLAY River Belle Casino Review|
|PLAY Mummy's Gold Casino Review|
|PLAYMagic Red Casino Review|
How American Roulette Works
The basic American rule that applies to all roulette versions is that you need to predict where the ball will land on the wheel (winning number).
1. American Roulette Wheel and Table
The wheel layout has 38 numbered pockets including a zero and double zero. The numbers are colored in red and black while the 0 and 00 are painted green. On the table, you will so find column bets, even and odds bets.
2. Types of Bets
The American roulette table requires you to make bets. Also, you’ll have to keep in mind the roulette odds when placing bets. The odds will tell you how much you are likely to win when playing the casino game. These include the below bets:
- Straight up
- High or Low
- Six Line
- Even or Odd
- Red or Black
There are some betting systems that you can use. However, you are not guaranteed to win because the gambling site will always have an advantage over the bet you make.
It would be best if you chose your stakes. We suggest you play for free and increase your stakes once you are confident in the bets you make. You can decide to go with high stakes once you are comfortable in the game.
4. Make Your Bet
It would help if you placed bets on the section of the table. We have already discussed the types of bets in roulette you can make above. The wheel will spin once bets have been placed. We suggest you take even money bets such as even or odds, red or black, high or low because you’ll be able to receive your cashback.
American vs. European Roulette
- The European roulette has one zero, while American has a zero and double zero. This layout is not good; hence most players will choose to play European roulette.
- With American roulette, the two extra zeros double the house advantage meaning that the odds are against you when betting. The house edge for American roulette is 5.26 whereas its European counterpart is 2.70%.
To ensure that you make the best possible bets in the game, consider the table below. It states the different bets you can make and gives the likely payout and odds attached to each bet.
|Bet||American Roulette Payout||Odds of Winning|
|Even or Odd||1:1||47,40%|
|High or Low||1:1||47,40%|
|Red or Black||1:1||47,40%|
Top American Roulette Strategy
We all want to make wise bets and win some money without spending too much. Here are some of the popular roulette game strategies:
- Fibonacci Strategy – When you use the Fibonacci sequence to increase your bets as you win.
- Reverse Martingale Strategy – you double your bets when you win.
- D’Alembert System – it’s when you increase and decrease your bets by one unit as you win or lose.
- Martingale Strategy – with the system you double your bets every time you lose.
FAQS About American Roulette
• Leo Vegas
• Casino Tropez
• Jackpot City
• Gate 777